I can write a blog post instead of all the stuff I should really be doing (see #3 below)... happy Friday to all of you fellow procrastinators (you're reading blogs, aren't you?)!
1. I'm meeting a contractor today for home-improvement estimates! I hope he won't tell me that he needs ALL my money.
2. I am feeling the slightest, eensiest bit like I might get sick again. Back of the throat, nasal congestion at night. I think I need a 2nd humidifier (1st one's in KT's room). And no, I did not get my flu shot. With our local news going on and on about the Epidemic and the Deaths and things, I am pretty nervous. Two of the four of us DID get flu shots in the fall, but I wasn't one of them. Excuse me, I have to go wash my hands and dose myself with Vitamin D.
3. OHMAHGAH I have so much Work-Work to do. A manager-type has moved back from her stint in l'Europe, and while I like having her here because she's nice, she is unfortunately a Creator of Superfluous Tasks and Meetings. She is also very Serious about work. There are a lot of new, dumb things that I'm being asked to do. Yesterday we had a 2-hour "Cr3ative Brainstorming M33ting" [with an impressively redundant title.] I can't keep my Inbox clean even though I desperately want to zero it! ZERO is GOAL! Go away stupid little projects. You are supposed to only be background noise. I am not to worry over Work anymore.
4. But speaking of... next school year I may re-org my work schedule again, and request a work from home day instead of the flex-time. Yesterday (an early day, 6:30 - 3:30) my last meeting ran long and prevented me from arriving in the carpool line on time. AJ has experienced this enough times now -- I mean, maybe 7 or 8 times in the past 3 years -- that he knows I will be there as soon as I can, but it upset me. Particularly because it was an emotional day: One of his schoolmates passed away Wednesday night (not a good friend, but the school is small and Catholic, so, you know). Since I had left the house before it was announced Thursday morning, my first opportunity to talk tenderly about Life Issues with him (and hug him extra tightly) was going to be immediately after pickup. I stomped out of that meeting, growling to myself, "Something is wrong with this world when a child in our community dies, but I can't explain it to MY child because I have to discuss an Excel file and a V-lookup in great detail instead." Urrgh. Maybe I was just tired from the first 5:00 am wakeup since December 21. Anyway... considerations.
5. I would be proud if my family could survive just ONE WEEK with no fast food. But I don't see it as very likely. Dinner last night was at McDonald's. It's not that I'm purely against fast food, but it does sort-of make me feel guilty.
6. Today it's going to be 70 degrees in my town. Where is winter? :(
7. We're going to hear Brian Reagan tomorrow night with some friends. We're also supposed to meet up with another couple of friends when we get there. It's going to be super fun! If you don't know Brian Reagan, watch this. It's my favorite.
Enjoy! More QTs here, and pray for Jen!